Thursday, June 4, 2009

Farewell TMS!!!

Five years ago, a very nervous girl went to a job interview. She was wearing a black suit purchased by her parents and had a portfolio filled with students' work. For whatever reason, the administration of Tiffin City Schools gave her the job. Now, of course, unless you're a complete moron, you have figured out that that girl is me. It is with a heavy heart that I walked out of the school today.

Honestly, I cannot imagine working in a place where creativity is valued more or professionalism is a common trait than at Tiffin Middle School. I have been privliged to work with some talented professionals and wonderful students. Today was very sad for me. Although, my colleagues came through again and purchased three boxes of food for me. It was very thoughtful. Of course, I think the most thoughtful gift was the two packages of Wendy's crackers. Thanks Mike.

We all know that when you move you unload a lot of junk. Well, let me assure you, that my classroom was no different. In fact, I think it was worse than house. Why did I keep those lesson plans for 5 years? Especially because they were on my computer!!

So, I came home after a hard day's work and began packing. I have 8 boxes ready to go. Unfortunately, one roll of packing tape (for $3.49 from the USPS) tapes a terribly small amount of stuff. Nonetheless, my first load will be sent out tomorrow. Hopefully, it won't break the bank!

This is a very random post, but perhaps you'll forgive me since I'm a little frazzled. More tomorrow after Portia's vet appointment!

3 comments:

  1. It is too bad that you have already broke the bank with your postage bill and you are not even finished yet! TMS (especially the male staff members) will miss you! Want to know who else will miss you? All of the lovely and interesting fellows that we have met at the Clover Club over the last couple of years. We have met some real winners there. Oh, I will miss you too. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And don't forget the swell guys from the lunchroom. With my years of wisdom, you find the memories are even better than when you were experiencing them.

    ReplyDelete