Saturday, January 9, 2010

Heading Up North

I'm currently sitting in the Anchorage airport awaiting my next flight. Despite a Midwest snowstorm, I managed to get out of Pittsburgh on time and even made my flight in Phoenix. When I arrived here in Anchorage I attempted to check only to find out that 1 AM is not the beginning of a new day. In fact, the new day starts at 4 AM according to Alaska Airlines. So, I'm sitting here waiting for a few hours to check in. I thought I would use the time wisely to reflect on the past month. Here are some highlights:
1. I got to see just about everyone on my list of friends and family. It always amazes me how much people can change in a few months. Between new significant others, pregnancies, and hairstyles. I was shocked by my friends multiple times. Although, I found myself saying that I didn't realize how much I'd missed everyone until I saw them.
2. My nephew, Caleb, has grown so much! When I saw him at calling hours, I had to ask if that was him. Of course, anyone who has kids or knows kids understands that 5 months makes a big difference with babies.
3. My niece, Alex, is still the same sweet, lovable, stubborn kid she always was. I was ready to come back to Alaska until I said goodbye to my niece and she clung to my leg begging me not to leave or to take her with me. Although, she does fit in my suitcase, I didn't feel that I should bring her.
4. Prioritizing while packing has a whole new meaning when you have to ship everything instead of just throwing it in a car.
5. Procrastinating is much easier when you're far away from responsibilities. I definitely did not get as much work done as I'd hoped. Oh well!

I had a great time at home, but I am definitely looking forward to seeing all my Eek friends and getting back to work. Here's looking forward to May!

No comments:

Post a Comment